Sunday, October 4, 2009

Spiritual & Inspirational Sunday October 4, 2009

Welcome to my Spiritual & Inspirational Sunday post. For over twenty-five years I have collected various spiritual and  inspirational quotes and messages. My hope is that when you read these, you will pause and reflect. Perhaps you will share this post with a friend who just so happens to be in need of reading what I am sharing today.

Quotations of Former Presidents

George Washington- “to err is natural, to rectify error is glorious”

George Washington- “Be courteous to all, but intimate with few; and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence”

Abraham Lincoln- “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed, is more important than any other one thing”

Theodore Roosevelt- “The only man who makes no mistake is the man who does nothing”

Woodrow Wilson- “I not only use the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow”

Calvin Coolidge- ‘I have never been hurt by anything I didn’t say”

Stephen Grover Cleveland- “Above all, tell the truth”

Thomas Jefferson- “One man with courage is a majority”

James Madison- “The happiness of society is the end of government”

Millard Fillmore- “An honorable defeat is better than a dishonorable victory”

John F. Kennedy- “Once you say you are going to settle for second, that’s what happens to you in life”

Dwight D. Eisenhower- “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it”

Richard Nixon- “A man who has never lost himself in a cause bigger than himself has missed one of life’s mountaintop experience. Only in losing himself does he find himself”

Blessings.  …susan

2 comments:

Design Esquire said...

These quotes are great! I am a huge history buff, so this is right up my alley.

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

gee I love so many of these, but where to put them, I thought maybe as a decal on my wall, but then I thought my friends would think that was too deep - which it is! lol